linux-rt-users.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Alexander Dahl <ada@thorsis.com>
To: linux-rt-users@vger.kernel.org
Cc: Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] v5.4.10-rt5
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 09:01:27 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello Gene,

Am Sonntag, 12. Januar 2020, 21:22:10 CET schrieb Gene Heskett:
> I grabbed a copy of this, then turned off anything not needed to run
> LinuxCNC on an rpi4 in armhf config.  Then I noted its make had a make
> deb-pkg option.  But it isn't making what I told it to make as I'm
> sitting here watching it ALL go by. Did I miss something in  a make
> menuconfig that triggered a make all? It was supposedly set for armhf.
> But I'm even seeing x86 stuff go by. Obviously I know just enough to
> screw it up. Point me at the right docs for arm builds please.

Building a RT kernel is no different than building any other kernel with
patches. Patch your kernel source, configure, compile …

You can use any howto or docs for building the kernel for your platform.
Speaking of RPi4, it depends on your Linux distribution and whether you
compile on the target or do cross compiling from another machine. But if you
got this sorted out, you just need to apply the RT patch and build again.

However this list is probably not the right place for that sort of questions.

HTH & Greets
Alex