Linux-rt-users archive on lore.kernel.org
* LTP realtime tests
@ 2019-12-05 13:50 Petr Vorel
From: Petr Vorel @ 2019-12-05 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rt-users, rt; +Cc: ltp

Hi RT folks,

looking into LTP realtime tests (testcases/realtime/ [1]),
the code certainly deserves cleanup.

Looking at [2], it does not mention these tests at all.
Can anyone comment on relevance of these tests to current RT?
Does anyone use these tests?

Thanks for feedback.

Kind regards,
Petr

[1] https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/tree/master/testcases/realtime
[2] https://elinux.org/Realtime_Testing_Best_Practices#Test_programs

* Re: [LTP] LTP realtime tests
@ 2019-12-06  6:13 ` " Joerg Vehlow
From: Joerg Vehlow @ 2019-12-06  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Vorel, linux-rt-users, rt; +Cc: ltp

Hi Petr,

we are running these tests and from what I've seen the quality is very poor.
We had to make changes to a lot of them to make them pass reliably:
most of the tests: Missing checks of return value for pthread function
and resulting deadlock
prio-wake and prio-preempt: Bound to a single cpu core
sched_football: Needs a sleep to run reliable (I send a mail some time
ago to this mailing list
regarding the validity of the test, which got forwarded to lkml by
cyril, but no reply)

Some tests do not return the correct result e.g.:
testpi-5, testpi-6, sched_jitter, gtod_latency

I haven't really looked into most of these tests.

Jörg

@ 2019-12-06 15:50   ` Grygorii Strashko
From: Grygorii Strashko @ 2019-12-06 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joerg Vehlow, Petr Vorel, linux-rt-users, rt; +Cc: ltp, Carlos Hernandez