Linux-rt-users archive on lore.kernel.org
* FW: netdev_budget_usecs setting below 1 jiffie leads to run everything in ksoftirqd
       [not found] <VI1PR06MB4462E7D2C5BDA4E8CF66D234CEB40@VI1PR06MB4462.eurprd06.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2019-09-09  7:15 ` Andreas Hoefler
From: Andreas Hoefler @ 2019-09-09  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rt-users

Hi all

On 4.14.79-rt47 I have the issue, that when I check /proc/net/softnet_stat during receiving 4000 packets per second on the gmac (TI Sitara), the third column (nr of times it ran out of budget) counts up like crazy. The netdev_budget as well as the netdev_budget_usecs are left at default. Although as soon as I increase the netdev_budget_usecs to 10001 (HZ is 100), the counter stops.
As far as I know, the usecs_to_jiffies(netdev_budget_usecs) used for the time_limit in net_rx_action() will round up to one jiffie with my default setting, meaning 10ms or am I missing something here?

Thx
Andy

only message in thread, back to index