On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 01:33:14PM -0500, Li Yang wrote: > Some of the RTC hardware has the capability of address wrapping which > means if you access a continuous address range across a certain > boundary(could be the boundary of a regmap region) the hardware > actually wrap the access to a lower address. But the address > violation check of regmap rejects such access. According to > Alexcandre, the address wrapping is essential to the functionality of It's *essential*? Will innovation never cease? > some RTC devices and can improve performance for some others. We are > wondering if it is reasonable to have regmap support this address > wrapping. I guess, I don't see any particular reason why not unless the patches are horrible or get in the way of other stuff.