On Wed 2020-07-22 07:39:37, Christoph Hellwig wrote: > As this monster seesm to come back again and again let me re-iterate > my statement: > > I do not think Linux should support a broken standards extensions that > creates a huge share state between the Linux initator and the target > device like this with all its associated problems. > > Nacked-by: Christoph Hellwig To be a bit more constructive. Yes, pushing (parts) of FTL to the host makes some kind of sense. IIRC lightnvm is a step into that direction. Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html