On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 11:33:18PM -0600, Mike Christie wrote: > The following patches were made over Michael's vhost branch: > > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost.git/log/?h=vhost > > They fixe a couple issues where the guest is getting IO errors: > 1. The admin may set num_queues and cmd_per_lun/virtqueue_size > in a way that allows the guest to send more IO that vhost-scsi > was coded for. > > 2. A race where vhost-scsi completes the cmd to the guest before > it's fully completed in the target/vhost-scsi layers so if the > guest sends a new IO too quicky we fail it. > > 3. If the real/physical storage (lio backend device) hits a transient > error then vhost-scsi would fail commands instead of relying on > the lower levels error recovery to do what the admin had set up. > > V5: > - Bring back V1 but move flush patches to a separate clean up set > - Modify test in vhost_vq_is_setup > > V4: > - really really fix compile errors > - dropped threading patches so we can figure that out separately. > > V3: > - fix compile errors > - fix possible crash where cmd could be freed while adding it to > completion list > - fix issue where we added the worker thread to the blk cgroup but > the blk IO was submitted by a driver workqueue. > > V2: > - fix use before set cpu var errors > - drop vhost_vq_is_setup > - include patches to do a worker thread per scsi IO vq > > Acked-by: Stefan Hajnoczi