linux-security-module.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* LSM hook for module loading and unloading
@ 2018-12-01 15:49 Tamir Carmeli
From: Tamir Carmeli @ 2018-12-01 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-security-module

Hi,
I believe that this is the right place to ask the question, but if it
isn't please let me know of a better forum to ask.

Is there a reason why LSM hooks for kernel module deletion and loading
don't exist? (for delete_module syscall and load_module kernel
function)

Is there some design problem I'm not aware of, or whether the
necessity hasn't come up from any of the mainline LSMs?

I'm considering to write such patch, and I'd like to hear reasons for
why it might be a bad idea.

Thanks.