Hi! > Now without the chardev support, the /dev/gsmtty* using apps need > to use "U1234AT+CFUN?" format for the packets. The advantage is > less kernel code, and we keep the existing /dev/gsmtty* interface. Actually... yes, this works. But no, this is not "existing" tty interface. ttys work per character, and this interface definitely does not... it is "packet" based, write() syscalls need exactly right lengths. You can't just open minicom, and type "U1234...". You can't paste it, either (I tried). tty controls like start/stop bits and baud rate are useless here. CR/LF conversions are unwanted/dangerous because it is confusing hard to debug if you get them wrong. Now, I don't see reason why this could not be made to work, and it may be more important to have something in mainline and work with that. So if you can make this into -next, I'll not complain too loudly. But it is... still wrong and I liked motmdm* more :-). Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html