Hi, I have a console driver that registers an additional boot console and "normal" console. The command line is: earlycon=uart8250,mmio32,0x68A10000 console=ttyS0,115200n8 earlylog=0x8f110000,0x10000 When the second bootconsole is registered via register_console(), the output in the log buffer is written a second time to the uart8250 console resulting in duplicate output. When the second "normal" console is registered the complete buffer is written again to uart8250. It looks like a bug in printk but I'm still trying to figure out how it's keeping track of what has been written to a console. I've attached the driver and uart8250 output. Thanks.