Linux-Serial Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: "Barnett, Andy" <Andy.Barnett@nttdata.com>
To: "linux-serial@vger.kernel.org" <linux-serial@vger.kernel.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 17:36:34 +0000

Title - Edgport/4 compatibility question

Hello there - I am trying to get some legacy EdgePort/4 and 8 devices to work on Linux using Raspberry Pi OS.

I notice in the kernel. org notes, compatibility with Edgeport seems to be a good possibility.
In dmesg I get "usbserial: USB Serial support registered for Edgeport TI 1 port adapter" but no corresponding ttyUSB0-3 being set up.

I also tried adding a folder into lib/firmware called "edgeport" with some firmware I found online but I get multiple "Cannot send clear loopback command" messages in dmesg.  This did seem to create ttyUSBs 0-3 but I could not use these devices.

I do not have any problems connecting with a few Keyspan USA-49W devices (which are also referenced in the Compatibility section in the notes) so I think my machine is good.

Apologies in advance - I am not in anyway a Linux expert.

Any guidance or tips would be appreciated!

Thanks
Andy

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying or forwarding.