linux-sgx.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Joman Chu <jomanchu@gmail.com>
To: Dave Hansen <dave@sr71.net>
Cc: "linux-sgx@vger.kernel.org" <linux-sgx@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: SGX Linux-Compatible Hardware
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 20:21:12 -0500	[thread overview]

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 8:04 PM Dave Hansen <dave@sr71.net> wrote:

> It can be somewhat challenging to find hardware which works.  For
> instance I've got a i7-8086K which has all of the processor support
> required for SGX, but the system firmware still opts to lock the Launch
> Control MSRs.

In my experience there isn’t much hardware that supports Flexible
Launch Control (FLC). The Intel blog post from 2018 that announces FLC
lists two NUCs (NUC7CJYH and NUC7PJYH) and the Xeon E processors.[1]

The feature also requires BIOS enablement so you might have to confirm
with an OEM. Last time I researched this in July 2020, Dell and
Supermicro had single-processor platforms that claimed to support it,
but I never followed through with actual hardware.

My apologies if you got this message twice, had an email client issue.

[1]: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/blogs/an-update-on-3rd-party-attestation.html