linux-sgx.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: SGX Information needed
       [not found] ` <BL0PR11MB29631E761E1DBC175E0C21C180559@BL0PR11MB2963.namprd11.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2022-09-27  8:27   ` Huang, Kai
From: Huang, Kai @ 2022-09-27  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sgx, Hansen, Dave, Patel, Himanshu
  Cc: Kuvaiskii, Dmitrii, Hossain, Md Iqbal

On Tue, 2022-09-27 at 07:41 +0000, Patel, Himanshu wrote:
> ++linux-sgx@vger.kernel.org
>
> Please explain me the process for my below questions.
>
> Thanks
> Himanshu

Hi Himanshu,

Jarkko should be the person to answer, but I'll try first:

Yes the SGX driver decides which node(s) to allocate.  Firstly the drive tries
to allocate from the local node.  If local node is running out of EPC page, the
driver tries to allocate EPC page from the 'next-highest node' (i.e. node 0 -> 1

EPC doesn't have its own SRAT type, so it depends on SRAT table's memory
resource (which covers EPC in  practice, if I recall correctly)  affinity to
decide which EPC page belongs to which node.

Hope above helps.

-Kai

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-09-27  8:27 UTC | newest]