linux-sh.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: message ids
       [not found] <401c48c1-ccf1-8177-d45b-eb632ba799df@landley.net>
@ 2020-11-22 15:10 ` Rob Landley
From: Rob Landley @ 2020-11-22 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rich Felker, Linux-sh list

On 11/12/20 1:47 AM, Rob Landley wrote:

> I have no idea why the hch@lst.de one applies with "patch -p1" but not with
> "git am", that's where I ran out of brain. But they all apply as patches and the
> result boots.

FYI here are the patches from this list I forwarded to Rich right after -rc3
came out. They built in my local tree, the result booted, and I didn't spot
obvious regressions.

If anybody else wants to try them, I can put them in a -git tree or attach them
to an email?

Rob

* Re: message ids
@ 2020-11-23  8:11   ` Geert Uytterhoeven
From: Geert Uytterhoeven @ 2020-11-23  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Landley; +Cc: Rich Felker, Linux-sh list

Hi Rob,

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 4:00 PM Rob Landley <rob@landley.net> wrote:
> On 11/12/20 1:47 AM, Rob Landley wrote:
> >
> > I have no idea why the hch@lst.de one applies with "patch -p1" but not with
> > "git am", that's where I ran out of brain. But they all apply as patches and the
> > result boots.
>
> FYI here are the patches from this list I forwarded to Rich right after -rc3
> came out. They built in my local tree, the result booted, and I didn't spot
> obvious regressions.
>
> If anybody else wants to try them, I can put them in a -git tree or attach them
> to an email?

BTW, the modern way to refer to patches is by prepending
"https://lore.kernel.org/r/"
to the message IDs.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

* Re: message ids
@ 2020-11-25 17:46     ` Rob Landley
From: Rob Landley @ 2020-11-25 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geert Uytterhoeven; +Cc: Rich Felker, Linux-sh list

On 11/23/20 2:11 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 4:00 PM Rob Landley <rob@landley.net> wrote:
>> On 11/12/20 1:47 AM, Rob Landley wrote:
>>>
>>> I have no idea why the hch@lst.de one applies with "patch -p1" but not with
>>> "git am", that's where I ran out of brain. But they all apply as patches and the
>>> result boots.
>>
>> FYI here are the patches from this list I forwarded to Rich right after -rc3
>> came out. They built in my local tree, the result booted, and I didn't spot
>> obvious regressions.
>>
>> If anybody else wants to try them, I can put them in a -git tree or attach them
>> to an email?
>
> BTW, the modern way to refer to patches is by prepending
> "https://lore.kernel.org/r/"
> to the message IDs.

That was a grep of the saved email files because Rich asked for msgids, and then
I forwarded the email here after 2 weeks later after repeated poking didn't get
further action on the pending patch pile.

I just did a fresh pull and git log arch/sh/boards/mach-sh03/rtc.c and the last
time it was touched is January, despite

Touching that file. (And that's an obvious "remove duplicate #include" not "I
decided not to apply this one because $TECHNICAL_REASON".)

The pull I did was to a tree with all the patches applied and it didn't complain
about conflicts, so presumably they still apply?

Rob