On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 03:43:27PM +0300, Alexey Brodkin wrote: > The following bitops are implemented pretty similarly for many > arches and now when we faced a need in them on ARC I guess there's > no point in copy-pasting them yet another time but instead it might > be better re-use generic version from the Linux kernel. > > Since we had non of those bitops for ARC inclusion of imported header > works perfectly fine. As for other arches I do see they use a bit different > implementation but those might be just older versions etc. > > Sobefore breaking stuff for other arches I'd like to get some feedback > from maintainers. Or we may just import proposed header and switch to > its usage arch-by-arch whenever people feel kile cleaning-up their bitops. > > Alexey Brodkin (2): > include: Import non-atomic.h from Linux > ARC: Add support of bitops via generic implementation > > arch/arc/include/asm/bitops.h | 1 + > include/asm-generic/bitops/non-atomic.h | 109 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ > 2 files changed, 110 insertions(+) > create mode 100644 include/asm-generic/bitops/non-atomic.h I would like to see this as a series to re-sync include/asm-generic/bitops/ with a more recent Linux Kernel release (it's from v4.2.3 per git log) and then add non-atomic.h and update nios2 to use it instead of its own copy. Thanks! -- Tom