Hi Sam Am 28.04.23 um 15:07 schrieb Sam Ravnborg: > On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 11:27:10AM +0200, Thomas Zimmermann wrote: >> Fbdev's main header file, , includes to get >> declarations of I/O helper functions. From these declaratons, it later >> defines framebuffer I/O helpers, such as fb_{read,write}[bwlq]() or >> fb_memset(). >> >> The framebuffer I/O helpers pre-date Linux' current I/O code and will >> be replaced by regular I/O helpers. Prepare this change by adding an >> include statement for to all source files that use the >> framebuffer I/O helpers. They will still get declarations of the I/O >> functions even after has been cleaned up. > When fb.h uses a symbol from io.h, then it shall include that > file so it is self contained. > So it is wrong to push the io.h include to the users of > fb_{read,write,xxx}. Maybe fb.h only uses macros as is the case here, > but that is no excuse nt to include io.h. > > Drop these changes. No problem. That was done with an eye on removing the fb_() macros entirely. But the discussion around patch 5 now goes in a different direction anyway. Best regards Thomas > >> Driver source >> files that already include convert to . > This is a nice cleanup - we should keep that. > > Sam -- Thomas Zimmermann Graphics Driver Developer SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Frankenstrasse 146, 90461 Nuernberg, Germany GF: Ivo Totev, Andrew Myers, Andrew McDonald, Boudien Moerman HRB 36809 (AG Nuernberg)