Linux SNPS ARC Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Vineet Gupta <Vineet.Gupta1@synopsys.com>
To: "strace-devel@lists.strace.io" <strace-devel@lists.strace.io>
Cc: arcml <linux-snps-arc@lists.infradead.org>
Subject: strace breaks with to be released glibc 2.31
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 20:10:38 +0000

Hi,

I've been testing an in-works glibc port for ARC and with 2.31 there's a glibc
change which seems to break strace.

Commit d1e411e5c786ce3 "Add PTRACE_GET_SYSCALL_INFO from Linux 5.3 to sys/ptrace.h."

This now defines PTRACE_GET_SYSCALL_INFO but defines struct __ptrace_syscall_info
(not the non underscored ver) causing strace to trip.

I'm not sure how to fix strace: do we need to switch over to glibc provided
__ptrace_syscall_info (with some #ifdef GLIBC and MINOR etc) or is there a better
way to do this ?

Thx,
-Vineet