Linux SNPS ARC Archive on lore.kernel.org
* strace breaks with to be released glibc 2.31
@ 2020-01-15 20:10 Vineet Gupta
From: Vineet Gupta @ 2020-01-15 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: strace-devel; +Cc: arcml

Hi,

I've been testing an in-works glibc port for ARC and with 2.31 there's a glibc
change which seems to break strace.

Commit d1e411e5c786ce3 "Add PTRACE_GET_SYSCALL_INFO from Linux 5.3 to sys/ptrace.h."

This now defines PTRACE_GET_SYSCALL_INFO but defines struct __ptrace_syscall_info
(not the non underscored ver) causing strace to trip.

I'm not sure how to fix strace: do we need to switch over to glibc provided
__ptrace_syscall_info (with some #ifdef GLIBC and MINOR etc) or is there a better
way to do this ?

Thx,
-Vineet