Hi Sam Am 28.04.23 um 18:54 schrieb Sam Ravnborg: > Hi Thomas, > > On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 04:18:38PM +0200, Thomas Zimmermann wrote: >> I'd be happy to have fb_() wrappers that are I/O helpers without >> ordering guarantees. I'd just wouldn't want them in > > How about throwing them into a new drm_fb.h header file. > This header file could be the home for all the fb stuff that is > shared between drm and the legacy fbdev. > > Then we may slowly migrate more fbdev stuff to drm and let the legacy > fbdev stuff use the maintained drm stuff. > Dunno, the pain may not be worth it. DRM might not be relevant if we can remove fb_mem*(). So I'd like to go back to something closer to v1 of these patches. See my reply to Arnd. Best regards Thomas > > Sam -- Thomas Zimmermann Graphics Driver Developer SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Frankenstrasse 146, 90461 Nuernberg, Germany GF: Ivo Totev, Andrew Myers, Andrew McDonald, Boudien Moerman HRB 36809 (AG Nuernberg)