Hi Am 28.04.23 um 14:27 schrieb Geert Uytterhoeven: [...] > > In addition, the non-raw variants may do some extras to guarantee > ordering, which you do not need on a frame buffer. Given this comment, should we declare the fb_() helpers in or ? I still don't like the idea of having the functions in . We have code in DRM that also accesses framebuffer memory (via memcpy_toio()). It would make sense to use the fb_() helpers, if they are tailored towards this usecase. Best regards Thomas > > So I'd go for the __raw_*() variants everywhere. > > Gr{oetje,eeting}s, > > Geert > -- Thomas Zimmermann Graphics Driver Developer SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Frankenstrasse 146, 90461 Nuernberg, Germany GF: Ivo Totev, Andrew Myers, Andrew McDonald, Boudien Moerman HRB 36809 (AG Nuernberg)