On Thu, Oct 01, 2020 at 12:27:56PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote: > On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 12:17 PM Luc Van Oostenryck > wrote: > > > > > So in the kernel, we would > > > > > > - start warning about 'sizeof(flex_struct)' > > > > Adding this warning by default annoys me slightly because it will > > add 5700+ warnings to the 18000 already present and I think sparse > > is already underused because it is very/too noisy. But I guess that > > most occurrences come from a few macros and thus should be easy to > > get rid off. > > Hopefully. I'll try to take a look. Do you have the sparse changes in > a git branch already so that I can just try that directly? What I posted yesterday is on git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/devel/sparse/sparse-dev.git flex-array > Or if you send me a couple of examples, maybe it's just the same > pattern over and over,.. Well, the 888 occurences I see are already 'unique' occurences (in the sense that the warning is from a distinct file+position). I'm adding in attachment the extract of my test logs (but it is on v5.9-rc1 so it's maybe not much usefull). I ddn't investigated anything, just checked a few case to see that it was a genuine occurrence. -- Luc