linux-spdx.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* SECOND REMINDER on Qlogic driver license conversion
@ 2020-08-27  6:00 Lukas Bulwahn
From: Lukas Bulwahn @ 2020-08-27  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qla2xxx-upstream, QLogic-Storage-Upstream, GR-Linux-NIC-Dev,
	Nilesh Javali, Shahed Shaikh, Manish Chopra
  Cc: linux-spdx, Thomas Gleixner

Dear Qlogic driver maintainers, dear Nilesh, deat Shahed, dear Manish,

during an unrelated kernel clean-up task, I noticed some LICENSE files for
the qlogic drivers hanging around in Documentation.

Thomas Gleixner has provided you a patch series in June 2019 to pick up or
simply add a Reviewed-by tag here:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-spdx/20190606205526.447558989@linutronix.de

As it seems from the public mailing list archive, you have never responded
to Thomas' request. If you could indicate that the change is fine for you,
I am happy to rebase the patch series to the current next tree, so that
Thomas can pick that up and let it travel through the spdx tree to Linus
for the next release.

See first reminder here:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-spdx/alpine.DEB.2.21.2006300644130.4919@felia/

Just to let you know, I will send a third reminder in a few months, and
if there is no response to that, I will just send a patch to mark those
drivers where QLogic-Storage-Upstream@qlogic.com or
GR-Linux-NIC-Dev@marvell.com are maintainers as Orphaned, just to keep
MAINTAINERS reflect the actual state.

Best regards,