linux-spdx.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* parisc: License cleanup
@ 2022-05-22 14:54 Thomas Gleixner
From: Thomas Gleixner @ 2022-05-22 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Wilcox; +Cc: linux-spdx

Matthew!

As you might know we are working on cleaning up the licensing mess in the
kernel and convert it to SPDX license identifiers as the only source of
license information.

Archaeology found unspecific GPL license references, which have been
authored by you.

1)  licensed under the gnu gpl

    arch/parisc/kernel/syscall.S

    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/history/history.git/commit/?id=9d1ec5d7a336d

Can you please either send cleanup patches for the affected files or
indicate which GPLv2 variant you had in mind and I run it through my
cleanup machinery.

Thanks,

	Thomas

* Re: parisc: License cleanup
@ 2022-05-22 19:35 ` Matthew Wilcox
From: Matthew Wilcox @ 2022-05-22 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Gleixner; +Cc: linux-spdx, linux-parisc

On Sun, May 22, 2022 at 04:54:57PM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> Matthew!
>
> As you might know we are working on cleaning up the licensing mess in the
> kernel and convert it to SPDX license identifiers as the only source of
> license information.
>
> Archaeology found unspecific GPL license references, which have been
> authored by you.
>
> 1)  licensed under the gnu gpl
>
>     arch/parisc/kernel/syscall.S
>
>     https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/history/history.git/commit/?id=9d1ec5d7a336d
>
> Can you please either send cleanup patches for the affected files or
> indicate which GPLv2 variant you had in mind and I run it through my
> cleanup machinery.

Hmm.  I was working for Linuxcare at the time, under contract to HP.
I _suspect_ the copyright on that file was actually sold to HP.
And you're not going to find anyone who cares.  At the time, I absolutely
would have meant (had it existed):

// SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0

so it's fine with me if you add that line.