linux-spi.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: R: spi_async and heavy CPU occupation by ksoftirqd
@ 2007-08-16  7:40 apaterniani.swapp-IWqWACnzNjyonA0d6jMUrA
From: apaterniani.swapp-IWqWACnzNjyonA0d6jMUrA @ 2007-08-16  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: r&d2-4VKA1VU3ct/j+vYz1yj4TQ
  Cc: David Brownell, spi-devel-general-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

I'll back in my office on Aug 27.

- Andrea

* Re: spi_async and heavy CPU occupation by ksoftirqd
@ 2007-08-10 11:32 llandre
       [not found] ` <46BC4CD3.5090304-4VKA1VU3ct/j+vYz1yj4TQ@public.gmane.org>
From: llandre @ 2007-08-10 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Paterniani
  Cc: David Brownell, spi-devel-general-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

I think I found the cause.
Since I needed to enable the RDY control (SPI_CONTROL_DRCTL_2) as
required by the SPI slave (Quantum QT510), the actual SPI transactions
may occur after the driver wrote the TX FIFO (if (write(drv_data))).
Thus

while ((read(drv_data) == 0) && limit--);

waits until the actual transaction have been completed, that happens
when the slave is ready to accept data.
So I'm afraid I need modify the MXL driver in order to support this case.

--
llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: r&d2-4VKA1VU3ct/j+vYz1yj4TQ@public.gmane.org