linux-spi.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* IT8716F SPI driver submission?
@ 2007-09-29 13:45 Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
       [not found] ` <46FE5701.2030000-hi6Y0CQ0nG0@public.gmane.org>
From: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger @ 2007-09-29 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spi-devel-general-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hi!

I have written a rough code skeleton to be able to use the ITE IT8716F
Super I/O chip as SPI host/master. The code works fine in userspace, but
the Linux kernel SPI framework looks like it could save me from
implementing full support for SPI flash clients/slaves. That's why I'd
like to rewrite my code in a manner that's suitable for kernel inclusion.

The IT8716F accepts commands byte-wise and does all of the lifting on
the SPI bus as well. There are limitations, though:
- It can send 1,2,4,5 bytes (including command byte) to the slave and
read 0,1,2,3 bytes back. Other values are not possible.
- Bus clock rate is either 33 MHz or 16.5 MHz.

Is there any driver I can start from as reference?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel