On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 08:55:21AM -0500, Thor Thayer wrote: > I didn't see it documented in the dw-spi bindings but I did see a reference > to .bus_num in the static structure (spi_board_info) shown in > spi-summary.txt. If the bus-num isn't defined or used, the bus ends up as > 32766 (0x7FE). However, the main point is that this isn't used in the code > so I should remove it. Defining the bus number is important for use in board files to allow devices to be referenced but should never have any practical effect for DT systems.