On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 06:10:48PM +0200, Christophe Leroy wrote: > The only way I see to achieve that is to transfer a 4 bits word with CS off > before and after the data. > I've not found any way to do so in the current SPI subsystem implementation, > is there any ? > If not, what would be the best approach to implement that ? If you leave the device with cs_change set so the chip select is low it should do the right thing after the first message, though obviously you won't be able to share the chip select then.