On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 03:54:00PM +0000, John Garry wrote: > From checking acpi_spi_add_resource() or anywhere else, I cannot see how > SPI_RX_DUAL or the others are set for spi_device.mode. What am I missing? > Are these just not supported yet for ACPI? Or should the spi-nor code not be > relying on this since we should be able to get this info from the SPI NOR > part? I'm not aware of any work on integrating this sort of stuff into ACPI platforms so I think it's just not yet supported in ACPI. I'm not really sure what would be idiomatic for ACPI, figuring it out from what the part supports might well be idiomatic there though I don't know how common it is for people not to wire up all the data lines even if both controller and device support wider transfers. I've got a horrible feeling that the idiomatic thing is a combination of that and a bunch of per-device quirks. There may be a spec I'm not aware of though I'd be a bit surprised.