On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 10:38:38PM +0100, Christophe JAILLET wrote: > To be honest, I don't see why we need to keep pll clk, or hsspi clk > enabled during the lifetime of the driver. My understanding of the code is > that it is only used to get the 'speed_hz' value in the probe function. > This value is never refreshed afterwards. > I don't see the point in enabling/disabling the clks. I think that they > both could be disabled in the probe function, without the need to keep > track in the bcm63xx_hsspi structure, neither during pm cycles or the > remove fucntion. If the device has a clock there's a good chance it's needed for the device to operate and that disabling it will save a little power when the device isn't doing anything.