On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 11:09:19AM +0000, Kuldeep Singh wrote: > Apologies for content free pings. > This patch has already been reviewed by Rob and can be accepted if no further changes required. Whenever I complain about content free pings I also point out that resends are helpful, it's not just don't ping it's also that having a copy of the patch helps if anything went wrong: Please don't send content free pings and please allow a reasonable time for review. People get busy, go on holiday, attend conferences and so on so unless there is some reason for urgency (like critical bug fixes) please allow at least a couple of weeks for review. If there have been review comments then people may be waiting for those to be addressed. Sending content free pings adds to the mail volume (if they are seen at all) which is often the problem and since they can't be reviewed directly if something has gone wrong you'll have to resend the patches anyway, so sending again is generally a better approach though there are some other maintainers who like them - if in doubt look at how patches for the subsystem are normally handled.