Hello Mark, On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 04:21:37PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 03:37:09PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote: > > The spi_add_lock that is removed with this change was held when > > spi_add_device() called device_add() (via __spi_add_device()). > > > > In the case where the added device is an spi-mux calling device_add() > > might result in calling the spi-mux's probe function which adds another > > controller and for that spi_add_device() might be called. This results > > in a dead-lock. > > > > To circumvent this deadlock replace the global spi_add_lock with a lock > > per controller. > > > > The biggest part of this patch was authored by Mark Brown. > > I'll go ahead with my copy of this (partly as I've already got it > ready queued). That's what I expected, I just sent it that the base for patch 2 is properly available e.g. for the autobuilders. Did you modify your patch since you sent it? If you resend or apply to your tree I can rebase patch 2 on top of it. Best regards Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |