Hello, As I discussed with Russell King on the list linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org, there is a problem with the double definition of 'struct flash_platform_data' that are incompatible: in arch/arm/include/asm/mach/flash.h: struct flash_platform_data { const char *map_name; const char *name; unsigned int width; int (*init)(void); void (*exit)(void); void (*set_vpp)(int on); void (*mmcontrol)(struct mtd_info *mtd, int sync_read); struct mtd_partition *parts; unsigned int nr_parts; }; in include/linux/spi/flash.h: struct flash_platform_data { char *name; struct mtd_partition *parts; unsigned int nr_parts; char *type; /* we'll likely add more ... use JEDEC IDs, etc */ }; Both headers are included in a number of machines or driver. They make conflict when one has both spi flash and an other type of mtd flash on the same machine (my case). I suppose the ARM version has no reason not to be platform independent, but that is an other problem. I propose to rename SPI version of the structure as it is the younger and it is included in a less number of files. The patch (already sent on linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org) is in attachment. Best regards, Alexis RODET Le 21/11/2010 05:47, Baruch Siach a écrit : > Hi Alexis, > > On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 06:23:09PM +0100, Alexis RODET wrote: >>> It would, however, be nice if _someone_ out there could produce a patch >> Here is the patch and here is the command line used for doing this: > You need to CC the MTD maintainer and mailing list (David Woodhouse > , and linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org respectively), and > maybe also the SPI subsystem maintainers (David Brownell > , Grant Likely , > spi-devel-general@lists.sourceforge.net). > > baruch >