Hi, I have a ARM11 based SoC with SPI controller in it. The board contains Spansion S25 SPI flash chip. I am writing the driver for the SPI controller from scratch but i am missing something in getting the Spansion chip to be detected. Please help. Here are the steps. - Controller driver - I registered a platform_device in the SoC core code. For the same platform_device name i have a driver registered in drivers/spi dir (similar to xilinx spi but no bitbang). The probe works fine. I have platform_data with bus num and cs set to 0 and mode to SPI_MODE_3. (This is the default i use in u-boot and it works fine with Spansion) - Now for the discrete spansion chip, i found that m25p80 code can be used as it supports Spansion SPI as well. I loaded the driver but it does not call m25p80_probe. The name of this driver is "m25p80". I can understand why the driver did not start probing coz there is no device of the name "m25p80" the kernel aware of. But how do i register that device and where Thanks, C