Linux-SPI Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* Re: [linux-next:master 1837/11710] sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/spi/.tmp_gl_spi-mux.o: No such file or directory
       [not found] <202003260124.NDYYFnCI%lkp@intel.com>
@ 2020-03-25 20:30 ` Chris Packham
  2020-03-25 20:32   ` Mark Brown
  2020-03-26  0:21   ` [kbuild-all] " Rong Chen
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Chris Packham @ 2020-03-25 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkp; +Cc: kbuild-all, andy.shevchenko, linux-spi, broonie

On Thu, 2020-03-26 at 01:38 +0800, kbuild test robot wrote:
> tree:   
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
> master
> head:   bfd7a248502373da8b1c8eb0e811fdb19cc3f8b6
> commit: e9e40543ad5b38b848879768359fd13650529961 [1837/11710] spi:
> Add generic SPI multiplexer
> config: sh-randconfig-a001-20200325 (attached as .config)
> compiler: sh4-linux-gcc (GCC) 9.2.0
> reproduce:
>         wget 
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/intel/lkp-tests/master/sbin/make.cross
>  -O ~/bin/make.cross
>         chmod +x ~/bin/make.cross
>         git checkout e9e40543ad5b38b848879768359fd13650529961
>         # save the attached .config to linux build tree
>         GCC_VERSION=9.2.0 make.cross ARCH=sh 
> 
> If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
> Reported-by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
> 
> All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):
> 
>    sh4-linux-objcopy: Unable to change endianness of input file(s)
> > > sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/spi/.tmp_gl_spi-mux.o: No such
> > > file or directory
> > > sh4-linux-objcopy: 'drivers/spi/.tmp_mx_spi-mux.o': No such file
> 
>    rm: cannot remove 'drivers/spi/.tmp_gl_spi-mux.o': No such file or
> directory
>    rm: cannot remove 'drivers/spi/.tmp_mx_spi-mux.o': No such file or
> directory
> --

I attempted to reproduce this. The sh4 toolchain was unhappy with my
system (missing libisl.so.22). I bodged something together and got
errors like this all over the place. I also tried the previous commit
and still got the same errors.

>    sh4-linux-objcopy: Unable to change endianness of input file(s)
> > > sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/mux/.tmp_gl_core.o: No such
> > > file or directory
> > > sh4-linux-objcopy: 'drivers/mux/.tmp_mx_core.o': No such file
> 
>    rm: cannot remove 'drivers/mux/.tmp_gl_core.o': No such file or
> directory
>    rm: cannot remove 'drivers/mux/.tmp_mx_core.o': No such file or
> directory
> --
>    sh4-linux-objcopy: Unable to change endianness of input file(s)
> > > sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/mux/.tmp_gl_adg792a.o: No such
> > > file or directory
> > > sh4-linux-objcopy: 'drivers/mux/.tmp_mx_adg792a.o': No such file
> 
>    rm: cannot remove 'drivers/mux/.tmp_gl_adg792a.o': No such file or
> directory
>    rm: cannot remove 'drivers/mux/.tmp_mx_adg792a.o': No such file or
> directory
> --
> > > sh4-linux-ar: drivers/mux/core.o: No such file or directory
> 
> --
> > > sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/mux/adg792a.o: No such file or
> > > directory
> 
> ---
> 0-DAY CI Kernel Test Service, Intel Corporation
> https://lists.01.org/hyperkitty/list/kbuild-all@lists.01.org

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [linux-next:master 1837/11710] sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/spi/.tmp_gl_spi-mux.o: No such file or directory
  2020-03-25 20:30 ` [linux-next:master 1837/11710] sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/spi/.tmp_gl_spi-mux.o: No such file or directory Chris Packham
@ 2020-03-25 20:32   ` Mark Brown
  2020-03-26  0:21   ` [kbuild-all] " Rong Chen
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Mark Brown @ 2020-03-25 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Packham; +Cc: lkp, kbuild-all, andy.shevchenko, linux-spi

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 821 bytes --]

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 08:30:16PM +0000, Chris Packham wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-03-26 at 01:38 +0800, kbuild test robot wrote:

> >    rm: cannot remove 'drivers/spi/.tmp_gl_spi-mux.o': No such file or
> > directory
> >    rm: cannot remove 'drivers/spi/.tmp_mx_spi-mux.o': No such file or
> > directory

> I attempted to reproduce this. The sh4 toolchain was unhappy with my
> system (missing libisl.so.22). I bodged something together and got
> errors like this all over the place. I also tried the previous commit
> and still got the same errors.

I'm not overly worried about it TBH - it looks like either an issue with
the architecture or an infrastructure issue, this is plain C code not
doing anything fancy and if this were an error in the code I'd expect
that other architectures would be seeing similar problems.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [kbuild-all] Re: [linux-next:master 1837/11710] sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/spi/.tmp_gl_spi-mux.o: No such file or directory
  2020-03-25 20:30 ` [linux-next:master 1837/11710] sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/spi/.tmp_gl_spi-mux.o: No such file or directory Chris Packham
  2020-03-25 20:32   ` Mark Brown
@ 2020-03-26  0:21   ` " Rong Chen
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Rong Chen @ 2020-03-26  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Packham, lkp; +Cc: kbuild-all, andy.shevchenko, linux-spi, broonie



On 3/26/20 4:30 AM, Chris Packham wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-03-26 at 01:38 +0800, kbuild test robot wrote:
>> tree:
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
>> master
>> head:   bfd7a248502373da8b1c8eb0e811fdb19cc3f8b6
>> commit: e9e40543ad5b38b848879768359fd13650529961 [1837/11710] spi:
>> Add generic SPI multiplexer
>> config: sh-randconfig-a001-20200325 (attached as .config)
>> compiler: sh4-linux-gcc (GCC) 9.2.0
>> reproduce:
>>          wget
>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/intel/lkp-tests/master/sbin/make.cross
>>   -O ~/bin/make.cross
>>          chmod +x ~/bin/make.cross
>>          git checkout e9e40543ad5b38b848879768359fd13650529961
>>          # save the attached .config to linux build tree
>>          GCC_VERSION=9.2.0 make.cross ARCH=sh
>>
>> If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
>> Reported-by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
>>
>> All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):
>>
>>     sh4-linux-objcopy: Unable to change endianness of input file(s)
>>>> sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/spi/.tmp_gl_spi-mux.o: No such
>>>> file or directory
>>>> sh4-linux-objcopy: 'drivers/spi/.tmp_mx_spi-mux.o': No such file
>>     rm: cannot remove 'drivers/spi/.tmp_gl_spi-mux.o': No such file or
>> directory
>>     rm: cannot remove 'drivers/spi/.tmp_mx_spi-mux.o': No such file or
>> directory
>> --
> I attempted to reproduce this. The sh4 toolchain was unhappy with my
> system (missing libisl.so.22). I bodged something together and got
> errors like this all over the place. I also tried the previous commit
> and still got the same errors.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll check again.

Best Regards,
Rong Chen

>
>>     sh4-linux-objcopy: Unable to change endianness of input file(s)
>>>> sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/mux/.tmp_gl_core.o: No such
>>>> file or directory
>>>> sh4-linux-objcopy: 'drivers/mux/.tmp_mx_core.o': No such file
>>     rm: cannot remove 'drivers/mux/.tmp_gl_core.o': No such file or
>> directory
>>     rm: cannot remove 'drivers/mux/.tmp_mx_core.o': No such file or
>> directory
>> --
>>     sh4-linux-objcopy: Unable to change endianness of input file(s)
>>>> sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/mux/.tmp_gl_adg792a.o: No such
>>>> file or directory
>>>> sh4-linux-objcopy: 'drivers/mux/.tmp_mx_adg792a.o': No such file
>>     rm: cannot remove 'drivers/mux/.tmp_gl_adg792a.o': No such file or
>> directory
>>     rm: cannot remove 'drivers/mux/.tmp_mx_adg792a.o': No such file or
>> directory
>> --
>>>> sh4-linux-ar: drivers/mux/core.o: No such file or directory
>> --
>>>> sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/mux/adg792a.o: No such file or
>>>> directory
>> ---
>> 0-DAY CI Kernel Test Service, Intel Corporation
>> https://lists.01.org/hyperkitty/list/kbuild-all@lists.01.org
> _______________________________________________
> kbuild-all mailing list -- kbuild-all@lists.01.org
> To unsubscribe send an email to kbuild-all-leave@lists.01.org


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
     [not found] <202003260124.NDYYFnCI%lkp@intel.com>
2020-03-25 20:30 ` [linux-next:master 1837/11710] sh4-linux-ld: cannot find drivers/spi/.tmp_gl_spi-mux.o: No such file or directory Chris Packham
2020-03-25 20:32   ` Mark Brown
2020-03-26  0:21   ` [kbuild-all] " Rong Chen

Linux-SPI Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-spi/0 linux-spi/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-spi linux-spi/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-spi \
		linux-spi@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-spi

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-spi


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git