Hello Roman, On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 02:14:31PM +0200, Roman Beránek wrote: > Correct, the output may stay in an active state. I only discovered this > bug as I investigated a report of unreliable screen timeout. The period > we use the PWM with is 50 us. What I don't like here is that the delay is quite coarse and might still be too short. (Maybe I miss something, but consider the current period is quite long, then you configure a short one and then disable. In this case the inital long setting might still be active.) > The PWMx_RDY bit stays 0 well after the last period ends, so if the bit > has any function at all, this one is certainly not it. OK. A way out could be to not disable the clock on .enable = 0. This might (or might not) have an impact on power consumption, but it improves correctness and simplifies the driver as the delay just goes away. So you might consider it a good trade-off, too. Maybe there is also a nice solution with runtime-PM?! > Note: my apologies for the previous HTML message I didn't notice (because the message also contained a txt part). Another thing to improve is to reply inline instead of top posting :-) Best regards Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |