Hi, On Wed, Sep 01, 2021 at 12:05:25AM -0500, Samuel Holland wrote: > The PRCM CCU drivers depend on clocks provided by other CCU drivers. For > example, the sun8i-r-ccu driver uses the "pll-periph" clock provided by > the SoC's main CCU. > > However, sun8i-r-ccu is an early OF clock provider, and many of the > main CCUs (e.g. sun50i-a64-ccu) use platform drivers. This means that > the consumer clocks will be orphaned until the supplier driver is bound. > This can be avoided by converting the remaining CCUs to use platform > drivers. Then fw_devlink will ensure the drivers are bound in the > optimal order. > > The sun5i CCU is the only one which actually needs to be an early clock > provider, because it provides the clock for the system timer. That one > is left alone. > > Signed-off-by: Samuel Holland The patch looks great to me, thanks for doing this work I'm surprised you were able to convert the A10 and F1C100S as well, since they don't have the arch timer. It seems we only use the fixed 24MHz clock on the A10 for the timer and the interrupt controller doesn't have a parent clock, so it works. The A10 timer can be fed with one PLL though and would require that dependency, but I guess no one ever cared. It's easy enough to revert if someone complains anyway. Maxime