linux-sunxi.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: Maxime Ripard <maxime@cerno.tech>
To: "Jernej Škrabec" <jernej.skrabec@gmail.com>
Cc: Saravana Kannan <saravanak@google.com>,
	linux-sunxi@lists.linux.dev,
	Android Kernel Team <kernel-team@android.com>,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Issue with fw_devlink=on on 5.14
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 17:48:23 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 06:32:45AM +0200, Jernej Škrabec wrote:
> Dne petek, 17. september 2021 ob 04:55:22 CEST je Saravana Kannan napisal(a):
> > On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 11:59 AM Jernej Škrabec
> >
> > <jernej.skrabec@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > /cc linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org

> > > driver

> > > driver

> > > DT

> > > I just dumped DTB from the board I use for testing this:
> > > http://ix.io/3yZB
> >
> > I was basically asking for this:
> > arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-h3-orangepi-plus2e.dts

> > > Ah, you're completely right. There is no MBUS driver (yet), since current
> > > purpose of that node is to determine DMA memory offsets and for that you
> > > don't need a driver.
> >
> > Can you explain more how you get the DMA memory offsets in the code
> > from this node?
>
> Maxime, can you help with this?

Sure, Jernej is right, the interconnects binding with the dma-mem name
is here to describe the path DMA accesses take between devices.

In our case, the registers accesses go through the usual busses, but the
DMA accesses go through a separate one controlled by the mbus controller
Jernej was talking about.

The driver core will then take this into account and apply any DMA
mapping the mbus controller has:
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/of/address.c#L582

So it's entirely transparent to the consumer driver.

Maxime