Hi Thomas, On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 10:19:08AM +0200, Thomas Zimmermann wrote: > Hi > > Am 22.09.22 um 16:25 schrieb Maxime Ripard: > > The current tv_mode has driver-specific values that don't allow to > > easily share code using it, either at the userspace or kernel level. > > > > Since we're going to introduce a new, generic, property that fit the > > same purpose, let's rename this one to legacy_tv_mode to make it > > obvious we should move away from it. > > > > Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard > > It's not wrong, but 'legacy' is already overloaded with meaning. If you can, > maybe name it 'driver_tv_mode_property' or 'custom_tv_mode_property' > instead. > > Acked-by: Thomas Zimmermann I'd really like to point out that new drivers shouldn't be using this. If we're using either of your proposals then writers might get the impression that this is ok to us. Would you prefer deprecated to legacy? Maxime