[Dropped Phil Edworthy from recipents as his email address has problems] Hello, On Mon, May 08, 2023 at 10:51:37PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote: > this series convers the drivers below drivers/i2c to the .remove_new() > callback of struct platform_driver(). The motivation is to make the > remove callback less prone for errors and wrong assumptions. See commit > 5c5a7680e67b ("platform: Provide a remove callback that returns no > value") for a more detailed rationale. > > All but one driver already returned zero unconditionally in their > .remove() callback, so converting them to .remove_new() is trivial. > i2c-davinci has two patches in this series, first the error path is > improved to not return an error code, then it's converted as the others > drivers are. > > The two davinci patches are also the only interdependency in this > series. I was unsure if I should split the series in two, the busses and > the mux changes; if convenient these can be applied independent of each > other. I wonder how this series will go in. My expectation was that Wolfram picks up the whole series via his tree?! Best regards Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |