linux-trace-devel.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org>
To: Sudip Mukherjee <sudipm.mukherjee@gmail.com>
Cc: Linux Trace Devel <linux-trace-devel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: libtracefs documentation install problem
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 12:23:16 -0500	[thread overview]

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 16:36:56 +0000
Sudip Mukherjee <sudipm.mukherjee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> I was trying to build and install the documentation. "make doc"
> succeeds and builds the man pages and the html files, but when I do
> "make install_doc" it fails with:
> make -C /home/sudip/libtracefs/Documentation install
> Makefile:148: *** "You need to install asciidoc xmlto for man pages".  Stop.
> make: *** [Makefile:263: install_doc] Error 2

Ug, I thought I tested this :-/

> The packages asciidoc and xmlto are already installed and I guess
> thats why it could build. Looking at the Documantion makefile I can
> see that install-man is checking for the tools by calling
> 'get-executable' but I did not see 'get-executable' defined anywhere.
> Did I miss something or did you miss copying it from
> "tools/scripts/utilities.mak" of the kernel ?

Probably.

Could you file a bugzilla report so I can get to it on Jan 6 when I go
back to work.

  https://bugzilla.kernel.org/buglist.cgi?component=Trace-cmd%2FKernelshark&product=Tools&resolution=---

> I hope I am not disturbing your holidays. :)

Nah, but I wont be fixing it until next year. Happy Holidays!

-- Steve