linux-trace-devel.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* libtracefs documentation install problem
@ 2020-12-24 16:36 Sudip Mukherjee
From: Sudip Mukherjee @ 2020-12-24 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Rostedt; +Cc: Linux Trace Devel

Hi Steve,

I was trying to build and install the documentation. "make doc"
succeeds and builds the man pages and the html files, but when I do
"make install_doc" it fails with:
make -C /home/sudip/libtracefs/Documentation install
Makefile:148: *** "You need to install asciidoc xmlto for man pages".  Stop.
make: *** [Makefile:263: install_doc] Error 2

The packages asciidoc and xmlto are already installed and I guess
thats why it could build. Looking at the Documantion makefile I can
see that install-man is checking for the tools by calling
'get-executable' but I did not see 'get-executable' defined anywhere.
Did I miss something or did you miss copying it from
"tools/scripts/utilities.mak" of the kernel ?

I hope I am not disturbing your holidays. :)

--
Regards
Sudip