linux-trace-devel.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Zamir SUN <sztsian@gmail.com>
To: Jiri Olsa <jolsa@redhat.com>
Cc: Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	Linux Trace Devel <linux-trace-devel@vger.kernel.org>,
	Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@kernel.org>,
	"Ziqian SUN (Zamir)" <zsun@redhat.com>,
	Vitaly Chikunov <vt@altlinux.org>,
	Tzvetomir Stoyanov <tstoyanov@vmware.com>,
	Yordan Karadzhov <ykaradzhov@vmware.com>,
	Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>,
	Sudip Mukherjee <sudipm.mukherjee@gmail.com>,
	Tony Jones <tonyj@suse.de>, John Kacur <jkacur@redhat.com>,
	Clark Williams <williams@redhat.com>,
	powertop@lists.01.org, Al Stone <ahs3@debian.org>,
	Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+huawei@kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] libtraceevent.git
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 18:19:14 +0800	[thread overview]

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 6:12 PM Jiri Olsa <jolsa@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 07, 2020 at 01:07:50PM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> > I split out tools/lib/traceevent from the kernel tree using "git subtree",
> > which recreates all the commits of a directory and makes that directory a
> > stand alone. I then updated the Makefiles, and copied over some of the
> > header files used to build the library. I pushed this up to:
> >
> >   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/libs/libtrace/libtraceevent.git/
> >
> > My hope is that this will now be the source of all updates to the
> > libtraceevent library that can be used as a stand alone package that both
> > perf and tracecmd can use. I would also like powertop and rasdaemon to use
> > this as well.
>
> hi,
> I'm adding this as fedora package, is there a source arhive somewhere
> in git.kernel.org for libtraceevent that spec could download?

Hi Jiri,

I was also working on it before. My way to get the source code is to
manually generate the tarball like what trace-cmd did before.

See my copr
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/zsun/test/build/1699358/
And the spec

https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/zsun/test/fedora-rawhide-x86_64/01699358-libtraceevent/libtraceevent.spec

I haven't have time to follow-up Steven's reply of Oct 9th about the
document compiling yet. If you are willing to work on it now maybe you
can start on top of mine. Otherwise I'll follow-up the packaging
later.

HTH.