On 2020-12-09 21:38:22 (-0500), Steven Rostedt wrote: > On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 15:41:36 +0200 > "Yordan Karadzhov (VMware)" wrote: > I just realized that the current repo doesn't build against the latest > libtracefs, because the library's location has moved. I noticed that > the CMake files have it hard coded with: > > find_library(TRACEFS_LIBRARY NAMES tracefs/libtracefs.a > find_library(TRACEFS_LIBRARY NAMES tracefs/libtracefs.so) > > Is there a way to make cmake use pkg-config? > > pkg-config --cflags --libs libtracefs > > Will give us the correct includes and libraries for building against > libtracefs if installed. > > We'll want the same for libtraceevent and libtracecmd as well. find_package() [1] is usually used for package discovery in cmake-land. If the NAMES argument is provided it overrides any provided package name. In more complex cases (of the package) it is better to have the package ship with a find_.cmake file that will be automatically used by cmake if it is installed in the system locations. To use pkg-config/pkgconf directly, it is possible to make use of the FindPkgConfig [2] module. Best, David P.S.: Out of context: Why is the cmake minimum requirement so low? To make use of useful features in cmake it needs to be at least 3.4, better higher even. [1] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/command/find_package.html#command:find_package [2] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/module/FindPkgConfig.html -- https://sleepmap.de