linux-unionfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* overlayfs: supporting O_TMPFILE
@ 2021-10-28 20:41 Georg Müller
From: Georg Müller @ 2021-10-28 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miklos Szeredi, linux-unionfs

Hi,

I was trying to implement .tmpfile for overlayfs inode_operations to support O_TMPFILE.

Docker with aufs supports it, but this is deprecated and removed from current docker. I now have a work-around in my code (create tmpfile+unlink), but
I thought it might be a good idea to have tmpfile support in overlayfs.

I was trying to do it on my own, but I have some headaches to what is necessary to achieve the goal.

 From my understanding, I have to find the dentry for the upper dir (or workdir) and call vfs_tmpdir() for this, but I am running from oops to oops.

Is there some hint what I have to do to achieve the goal?

Best regards,
Georg