Linux-USB Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Usb midi device does not work on wake
@ 2020-01-12 12:06 Richard Dodd
From: Richard Dodd @ 2020-01-12 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-usb

Hello

I've got a Novation midi-over-usb device (LaunchControl XL) that works
correctly on boot, but remains in power-off mode when waking from
sleep.

I suspect that there is some sort of initialisation that needs to be
applied. Could anyone suggest possible causes, or point me in the
direction of the relevant source code. I found `sound/usb/quirks.c`,
which seems to be the place to handle this kind of thing, but there is
no mention of my device anywhere in the source tree at present
(1235:0061).

Thanks in advance for your help
Richard

* Re: Usb midi device does not work on wake
@ 2020-01-13  9:23 ` Oliver Neukum
From: Oliver Neukum @ 2020-01-13  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Dodd, linux-usb

Am Sonntag, den 12.01.2020, 12:06 +0000 schrieb Richard Dodd:
> Hello
>
> I've got a Novation midi-over-usb device (LaunchControl XL) that works
> correctly on boot, but remains in power-off mode when waking from
> sleep.
>
> I suspect that there is some sort of initialisation that needs to be
> applied. Could anyone suggest possible causes, or point me in the
> direction of the relevant source code. I found `sound/usb/quirks.c`,
> which seems to be the place to handle this kind of thing, but there is
> no mention of my device anywhere in the source tree at present
> (1235:0061).

Hi,

some devices need an additional reset. They have the quirk RESET_RESUME
in that file. Try adding your device to that list and recompile your
kernel.

	HTH
		Oliver