linux-usb.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
To: linux-usb@vger.kernel.org, syzkaller-bugs@googlegroups.com,
	Andrey Konovalov <andreyknvl@gmail.com>,
	Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>,
	Oliver Neukum <oneukum@suse.com>
Subject: Re: Reminder: 52 active syzbot reports in usb subsystem
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 08:40:58 +0200	[thread overview]

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 10:23:42PM -0700, Eric Biggers wrote:
> [This email was generated by a script.  Let me know if you have any suggestions
> to make it better, or if you want it re-generated with the latest status.]
>
> Of the syzbot reports that have (re-)occurred in the last 7 days, I've manually
> marked 52 of them as possibly being bugs in the usb subsystem.  This category
> mostly includes USB driver bugs, but it might include some core USB bugs too.
> I've listed these bug reports below.
>
> If you believe a bug is no longer valid, please close it by sending a '#syz
> fix', '#syz dup', or '#syz invalid' command in reply to the original thread, as
> explained at https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status
>
> If you believe I misattributed a bug to the usb subsystem, please let me know
> and (if possible) forward it to the correct place.
>
> Note: in total, I've actually assigned 90 open syzbot reports to this subsystem.
> But to help focus people's efforts, I've only listed the 52 that have
> (re-)occurred in the last week.  Let me know if you want the full list.

Thanks for doing all of this.  There's a load of syzbot usb open bugs
right now, hopefully the huge majority of them will "auto close" now
that a lot of USB fixes are merged in Linus's tree.

Then we can sift through the rest to see what we have missed and wait
for the next round of fuzzing that will happen, as the codepaths we have
fixed up can now go deeper :)

thanks,

greg k-h