Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz writes: > 'default n' is the default value for any bool or tristate Kconfig > setting so there is no need to write it explicitly. > > Also since commit f467c5640c29 ("kconfig: only write '# CONFIG_FOO > is not set' for visible symbols") the Kconfig behavior is the same > regardless of 'default n' being present or not: > > ... > One side effect of (and the main motivation for) this change is making > the following two definitions behave exactly the same: > > config FOO > bool > > config FOO > bool > default n > > With this change, neither of these will generate a > '# CONFIG_FOO is not set' line (assuming FOO isn't selected/implied). > That might make it clearer to people that a bare 'default n' is > redundant. > ... > > Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz Fine by me. Greg if you want to take this directly (since it touches things all over the place): Acked-by: Felipe Balbi If you prefer that I put this in my pull request to you, just let me know. -- balbi