Greg Kroah-Hartman writes: Hi, > On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 02:06:20PM +0000, Peter Chen wrote: >> > And this no-op function is horrid. There used to be documentation in >> > the kernel where I could rant about this, but instead, I'll just say, >> > "why are people trying to work around warnings we put in the core kernel >> > to fix common problems? Do they think we did that just because we >> > wanted to be mean???" >> > >> >> So, like kernel doc for device_initialize said, a proper fix for dwc3 >> should be zeroed gadget device memory at its own driver before the >> gadget device register to driver core, right? > > It should get a totally different, dynamically allocated structure. > NEVER recycle them. then we break usage of container_of(). That's okay, but we have to add some sort of private_data to the gadget structure so UDC drivers can get their own pointers back. -- balbi