linux-usb.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Andrey Konovalov <andreyknvl@google.com>
To: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
Cc: Felipe Balbi <felipe.balbi@linux.intel.com>,
	USB list <linux-usb@vger.kernel.org>,
	Alexander Potapenko <glider@google.com>,
	Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@google.com>
Subject: Re: Pass transfer_buffer to gadget drivers
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 18:44:19 +0200	[thread overview]

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 3:53 PM Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, Andrey Konovalov wrote:

> > > Another question: do I understand correctly, that we only proceed with
> > > submitting an URB to get the data for the control OUT request
> > > (ctrl->bRequestType doesn't have the USB_DIR_IN bit set) if
> > > ctrl->wLength != 0?
>
> That's right.  If a control-OUT transfer has wLength == 0, it means
> there is no data stage.  (And control-IN transfers are not allowed to
> have wLength == 0.)

And another one to clarify :)

So if we got a setup() callback, which denotes:
1. an IN transfer, we need to submit an URB with response (even if
wLength == 0). When it completes, the transaction is over, and we will
get the next setup() callback (if there's going to be any).
2. an OUT transfer, we need to submit an URB to fetch the data (even
if wLength == 0). When it completes, the transaction is over, and we
will get the next setup() callback (if there's going to be any).

Is the above correct?