Linux-USB Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Kiran <kiranmkota@gmail.com>
To: linux-usb@vger.kernel.org
Subject: /net/usb/ipheth.c incompatibility with Apple iOS 14
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 07:14:39 -0700

Effect on end user: when a linux machine is connected via USB to an
iPhone that has been updated to iOS 14 and has personal hotspot mode
turned on, the user cannot connect to the internet.

Troubleshooting: DNS works, the linux machine can ping the iPhone
gateway, pinging google.com hangs. It appears that there is a change
to the USB packets that iOS expects.

Here is a link to what I think is the most relevant part of a Github
issue discussion with more specific details:

https://github.com/libimobiledevice/libimobiledevice/issues/1038#issuecomment-699630379

This is my first linux bug report and I'm not familiar with kernel
development. The other people in the Github post will be better to
talk to regarding a fix. But if I can provide more info, just let me
know.

Thanks,

Kiran