linux-watchdog.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
To: Wim Van Sebroeck <wim@linux-watchdog.org>
Cc: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>,
	Christine Zhu <Christine.Zhu@mediatek.com>,
	Curtis Klein <curtis.klein@hpe.com>,
	Grzegorz Jaszczyk <grzegorz.jaszczyk@linaro.org>,
	Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka@siemens.com>,
	Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>,
	Matti Vaittinen <matti.vaittinen@fi.rohmeurope.com>,
	Rikard Falkeborn <rikard.falkeborn@gmail.com>,
	Sam Shih <sam.shih@mediatek.com>,
	Stefan Wahren <stefan.wahren@i2se.com>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL REQUEST] watchdog - v5.12 Merge window
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 13:58:38 -0700	[thread overview]

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 1:46 PM Wim Van Sebroeck <wim@linux-watchdog.org> wrote:

> My Apologies. The subject of this e-mail is wrong again. It should have been [GIT PULL REQUEST] watchdog - v5.15 Merge window

Heh. That was fairly obvious. No problem.

My email search terms end up being just "git" and "pull", so it's not
like I end up even really looking at the version numbers except closer
to the end of the release. At that point people start sending me early
pull requests for the next merge window, and I start looking more
closely just to make sure I differentiate between "fixes for this
release" and "updates for the next merge window".

... and even then, it's usually pretty obvious from the actual
contents, and if somebody gets a version number wrong it generally
isn't all that confusing.

            Linus